- Title: Nationalist candidate Geert Wilders casts his ballot in Dutch election
- Date: 15th March 2017
- Summary: THE HAGUE, NETHERLANDS (MARCH 15, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** NATIONALIST PARTY FOR FREEDOM (PVV) LEADER, GEERT WILDERS, WALKING TOWARDS VOTING BOOTH TO VOTE, CASTING VOTE WILDERS' LEGS SECURITY STANDING NEAR WILDERS AS HE VOTES WILDERS IN VOTING BOOTH WILDERS PUTTING COMPLETED VOTE IN BALLOT BIN, POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WILDERS WALKING OFF
- Embargoed: 29th March 2017 09:43
- Keywords: Geert Wilders Netherlands election Holland Dutch Mark Rutte
- Location: THE HAGUE, THE NETHERLANDS
- City: THE HAGUE, THE NETHERLANDS
- Country: Netherlands
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA001682LLXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A HIGHER QUALITY EDIT OF WILDERS VOTING VICE 3057-NETHERLANDS-ELECTION/WILDERS VOTE
Nationalist far-right leader Geert Wilders cast his vote in the Hague on Wednesday (March 15) in a Dutch election which is being seen as a test of anti-immigrant and nationalist feeling.
The election result has been magnified in the last few days because of the ongoing spat with Turkey, and as one of three polls this year that will gauge the strength of the ties that bind the European Union.
The centre-right VVD party of Prime Minister Mark Rutte, 50, is competing with the PVV (Party for Freedom) of anti-Islam and anti-EU firebrand Wilders, 53, to form the biggest party in parliament.
As many as 13 million voters began casting ballots at polling stations across the country that will close at 9:00 p.m.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None