- Title: Malaysia says identity of Kim Jong Nam confirmed through child's DNA
- Date: 15th March 2017
- Summary: SEPANG, SELANGOR STATE, MALAYSIA (MARCH 15, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF KUALA LUMPUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PEOPLE STANDING AT AIRPORT ENTRANCE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AHMAD ZAHID HAMIDI SITTING/PREPARING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE ZAHID SITTING CAMERAMEN FILMING (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Malaysia) DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AHMAD ZAHID HAMIDI SAYING: "That sample from his child has been placed in accordance with forensic and DNA procedures and I once again wish to formally confirm that the corpse belongs to Kim Jong Nam." NEWS CONFERENCE ONGOING CAMERAMEN FILMING ZAHID LEAVING/END OF NEWS CONFERENCE KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (MARCH 15, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF THE MORTUARY OF HOSPITAL KUALA LUMPUR WHERE KIM'S BODY IS POLICE SIGNBOARD READING (Bahasa Malaysia): "NATIONAL FORENSIC INSTITUTION" VARIOUS OF POLICE CAR PARKING IN THE COURTYARD OF MORTUARY MORTUARY ENTRANCE
- Embargoed: 29th March 2017 10:20
- Keywords: Malaysia North Korea Kim Jong Nam DNA confirm
- Location: SEPANG/KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
- City: SEPANG/KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001682KY87
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Malaysia found out the identity of Kim Jong Nam's body based on DNA sample taken from his child, the deputy prime minister said on Wednesday (March 15).
Kim Jong Nam, the estranged half brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, was murdered on February 13, when Malaysian police say two women smeared super toxic VX nerve agent on his face at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
But North Korea has so far not identified him as Kim Jong Nam, who was carrying a passport under the name of Kim Chol when he was murdered. No next of kin has come forward to claim the body.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None