- Title: SOUTH AFRICA: Pregnant women set a Guinness World Record
- Date: 26th May 2007
- Summary: VARIOUS OF PREGNANT WOMEN ARRIVING
- Embargoed: 10th June 2007 13:00
- Location: South Africa
- Country: South Africa
- Topics: Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky,Sports
- Reuters ID: LVABU37P8JO2DM3URPQFJ8V9UXOK
- Story Text: Pregnant women filed into the Coca-Cola Dome in Johannesburg for the annual Your Baby Show to set a Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of mothers-to-be under one roof.
More than 2,000 expecting women had signed up for the attempt, according to a press release from the organisers. The event needed only 100 women to set the record, but attracted many more, which was verified by independent adjudicators to enter the Guinness Book of World Records.
The women were all in different stages in their pregnancy, some early and some due in just days. They came from as far as the coastal city of Durban to take part in the event.
"Being here with all these other mums makes you feel special and I am happy to see all these big tummies here," said Marie Dikeledi, whose second child is due in a couple of weeks.
Similar event are expected in Durban and Cape Town in November.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.