- Title: SOUTH AFRICA: SOCCER/FOOTBALL - WORLD CUP: Fans arrive for World Cup final
- Date: 12th July 2010
- Summary: VARIOUS OF DUTCH FANS DANCING DUTCH FAN TAKING PHOTOGRAPH DUTCH FAN DANCING
- Embargoed: 27th July 2010 13:00
- Location: South Africa
- Country: South Africa
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVA1FSF1S79GKTP6OO30W8TSG19X
- Story Text: Netherlands and Spain fans arrive at the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg for the World Cup final.
Netherlands and Spain fans arrived at the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa on Sunday (July 11) for the World Cup final.
Spain, the reigning European champions, are considered by many to be the favourite to win their first World Cup. The Dutch are also seeking their first title, having been losing finalists in 1974 and 1978.
"I hope that Spain win, Holland has had a good tournament, but I think it's Spain's night, it's our opportunity to win it. We will win 1-0," said Spain fan Michael.
"It's a good team (Holland), but I think we are better. But they have played very well," said another Spanish fan Alberto.
Before the match, the fans will see the closing ceremony which includes Colombian pop star Shakira performing the 2010 World Cup song "Waka Waka".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains identifiable children: users must ensure that they comply with local laws and regulations governing the publishing of this material.