- Title: SOUTH AFRICA: Jazz quartet Fourplay thrill South African crowd
- Date: 10th November 2005
- Summary: CARNIVAL CITY-EAST RAND, SOUTH AFRICA), (NOVEMBER 02, 2005) (REUTERS) MEMBERS OF FOURPLAY ENTERING THE STAGE AND WAVING TO THE CROWD THE GROUP PLAYING ONE OF THEIR SONGS DURING THE CONCERT
- Embargoed: 25th November 2005 12:00
- Location: South Africa
- Country: South Africa
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA1P0KIUJ5PFON6PKTS05JWCJRR
- Story Text: Jazz quartet Fourplay kicked off their South African tour with two sell-out concert in Johannesburg this week. The group, comprising Bob James, Nathan East, Larry Carlton and Harvey Mason, performed well-known hits such as Galaxy and Blues Force. The band received loud cheers from the crowd as they performed their mellow tunes.
"We toured earlier this year both the US and over in Asia, and there was a tremendous feeling of camaraderie, and we haven't been able to do that for about six months now, so we are looking at this trip as an opportunity to reunite and hopefully give you some of that special magic that we were feeling earlier this year when we toured," said Piano/Keyboards player Bob James.
The members of the band, who have sold millions of albums worldwide, took turns to show their soloist skills.
Fourplay are well-known for their strong improvisations, mixed with large doses of pop and Rhythm and Blues. The crowd, often on their feet, clapped in unison as the band performed their mellow tunes.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio or Performance restriction: This clip's Audio or Performance footage includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip. Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.