- Title: INDONESIA: Japanese woman murdered in Bali
- Date: 28th December 2009
- Summary: KUTA, BALI PROVINCE, INDONESIA (DECEMBER 26, 2009) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) POLICE AT THE SCENE PEOPLE STANDING BEHIND POLICE LINE POLICE INSIDE HOUSE BODY OF HIROMI SHIMADA ON FLOOR VARIOUS OF POLICE LOOKING AT BODY
- Embargoed: 12th January 2010 12:00
- Location: Indonesia
- Country: Indonesia
- Reuters ID: LVA7AVB5W3DJCP3QGYKUZ4OFC4YK
- Story Text: Police in Bali are investigating the murder of a Japanese tourist found dead in her rented house in Bali.
Indonesian police in Bali are investigating the case of a female Japanese tourist who was found dead in her rented house on Saturday (December 26).
Kuta Police Chief, Doddy Prawiranegara, told Reuters by phone that police got a call from the woman's friend, alerting them to the crime.
Police found the body of 41-year-old Hiromi Shimada splayed on a bed with her legs tied. The body had been repeatedly stabbed.
Prawiranegara said police were questioning eight of her friends on Sunday (December 27), and an autopsy would be conducted on Monday (December 28).
He said Shimada received financial support from her family in Japan during her stay on the island. She was supposed to return to Japan in January, 2010. Police
said the family had been contacted by the Japanese Consulate.
In September, another Japanese woman was found murdered near Kuta Beach.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None