- Title: GERMANY: TOM CRUISE ARRIVES FOR GERMAN PREMIERE OF HIS LATEST FILM 'COLLATERAL'
- Date: 1st September 2004
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (SEPTEMBER 1, 2004) (REUTERS) WIDE OF RED CARPET AND FILM POSTER FOR "COLLATERAL AT SONY CENTRE CINESTAR MODEL OF AN L.A. TAXI BY THE RED CARPET FANS WAITING FOR AUTOGRAPHS ARRIVALS WALKING DOWN THE RED CARPET ACTOR TOM CRUISE AND ACTRESS JADA PINKETT SMITH POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS FANS AT THE RED CARPET SV SOUNDBITE (English) ACTOR TOM CRUISE, TALKING ABOUT FILMING "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3" IN BERLIN, SAYING: "I hope so, I have a new director, a terrific director, J.J. Abrams, and we are working on the story, but I really want to shoot here." FANS AT THE RED CARPET SV SOUNDBITE (English) ACTOR TOM CRUISE TALKING ABOUT HIS CHARACTER IN "COLLATERAL", SAYING: "Yeah, its rough trade in a nice suit, Vincent, a fascinating character to play. Good to see you again." CRUISE WALKS OUT OF SHOT FANS CRUISE GIVING INTERVIEWS WIDE OF RED CARPET WITH PAN UP TO FILM POSTER FOR "COLLATERAL" WIDE OF TOM CRUISE SIGNING BERLIN'S OFFICIAL GUEST BOOK, BERLIN MAYOR, KLAUS WOWEREIT STANDING NEXT TO CRUISE CRUISE KISSING SMALL BEAR (THE SYMBOL OF BERLIN), MADE OF PLASTIC PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKING PICTURES CRUISE GETTING ONTO STAGE AND SITTING DOWN FOR NEWS CONFERENCE REPORTERS LISTENING WIDE OF STAGE SV (SOUNDBITE) (English) TOM CRUISE SAYING: "I was just really interested in the story and in the character. I don't look at a character is he good or is he bad. I knew it was (director) Michael (Mann) who was going to be a dimensional character." REPORTERS LISTENING, PAN TO STAGE AND CRUISE SPEAKING SV (SOUNDBITE) (English) TOM CRUISE SAYING: "I like the sense of are we going to pull this off, how are we going to do this, this urban ironic humour and creating this character. The story takes place in ten hours and the structure is such that the film is moving. But, you know, the work that you have to do to inform every scene is really challenging, a lot of fun."
- Reuters ID: LVA8H98GMDA8YVF5P472RCXB359M
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: Germany
- Duration: 00:03:13
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Tom Cruise arrives in Berlin for the German premiere of his latest film, "Collateral".
Cruise began his visit in the German capital on Wednesday (September 1) by signing the city's guest book during a small reception hosted by Berlin's mayor, Klaus Wowereit.
Later, hundreds of cheering fans gathered at central Berlin's Potsdamer Platz square, awaiting the arrival of their hero who attended the Germany premiere of "Collateral."
Before the start of the movie, Tom Cruise signed autographs and willingly posed with fans who wanted their picture taken with their idol.
In "Collateral", the 42-year-old Hollywood star for the first time plays a bad guy.
"I don't look at a character is he good or is he bad,"
Cruise told reporters at a news conference earlier, adding "I want a challenge."
As a contract killer, Cruise plays a criminal, Vincent, who uses a taxi to get around Los Angeles from one murder site to the next.
"I was just really interested in the story and in the character," Cruise said.
"Collateral" will be shown at German cinemas starting September 1, 2004.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:16th September 2004 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None