- Title: U.K.: STEVE CRAM WINS MEN 1,000 METRES CRYSTAL PALACE.
- Date: 18th September 1982
- Summary: 1. GV Start of the Men's Mile, bell at last lap, end of race s Graham Williamson (GB) wins (3 shots) 1.13 2. GV Men's 100 Metres Dash, won by Mel Latteny (USA) 1.33 3. GV Start of Men's 1000, Metres, crowd watches. Race won by Steve Cram (GB) (end of race not shown) (3 shots) 2.00 InitialsAL/BB Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA5INTM47JNP1BOFSHB9WF3PDZD
- Location: LONDON, UK
- Duration: 00:02:00
- Topics: General
- Story Text: LONDON, UK
There were several outstanding performances at the last major international athletics meeting in Britain for the year, held at Crystal Palace on a determined fight and beat Dragan Zdravkovic of Yugoslavia in an exciting finish. But Hans-Peter Ferner of West Germany could not produce the form he showed in his 800 metre victory in Athens over Britain's Sebastian Coe Men's 1,000 metres. Both Ferner and Cram had entered the 800 metres but earlier in the week Cram switched to the 1,000 metres, reportedly to avoid Ferner. Then in the afternoon before the race the West German also switched to the same event. But Cram, the European 1,500 metres champion, had no need to feel threatened. He took a handsome lead with 400 metres to go and won easily in 2:15:12. Ferner was second.
<strong>Source: REUTERS - KEN HARDING</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:3rd October 1982 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None