TURKEY: ELEVEN REPORTED INJURED AS EARTH TREMORS TEAR DOWN SOME TWO HUNDRED BUILDINGSRecord ID: 496311
- Title: TURKEY: ELEVEN REPORTED INJURED AS EARTH TREMORS TEAR DOWN SOME TWO HUNDRED BUILDINGS
- Date: 1st April 1975
- Summary: 1. GV Damaged house 0.05 2. SV People searching through rubble and rescuing belongings (2 shots) 0.16 3. SV TILT DOWN damaged building TO rescuers searching through rubble PAN TO children looking on 0.24 4. MV Rescuers searching through rubble 0.30 5. MV Rescuers pulling down part of building 0.40 6. CU Shoe on ground 0.42 7. SV AND GV Victims leaving damaged buildings (4 shots) 1.04 8. SV PAN Baby rescued PAN TO damaged building 1.14 Initials CL/1816 CL/1830 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA1T7GK9I6YWK4TJN0H0XUWKGD
- Location: ANATOLIA, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Duration: 00:01:14
- Story Text: Various parts of Turkey were hit by earth tremors on Thursday (27 March).
News agencies reported that at least 11 people had been injured in village around Gelibolu (Gallipoli) where more than 200 houses were reported either destroyed or severely damaged.
With varying intensity the tremors shook an area stretching from Southern Bulgaria, through Greek and Turkish Thrace to Mugla, near the coast in South-East Turkey.
The Meteorological Institute in Ankara said the worst-hit area in Turkey was the western part of the Sea of Marmara, where the tremors registered four on the open-ended Richter Scale.
It; was the second burst of tremors in less than two weeks on Turkey's western coast.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:16th April 1975 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None