- Title: GREECE: SCARAMANGA: KING PAUL OPENS FROGMAN TRAINING CENTRE
- Date: 2nd April 1960
- Summary: 1. GV INT.. Naval orthodox priest blesses water. 0.03 2. LV Ditto with Royals in background. 0.08 3. LV King Paul cuts ribbon and declares centre open. 0.11 4. GV Parade past Royals. 0.17 5. LV Ditto. 0.23 6. LV Divers into pool. 0.26 7. Frogmen being rescued. 0.30 8. SV Royals. 0.34 9. LV Frogmen in rubber dinghy. 0.39 10. Dinghy is overturned..frogmen climb on top. 0.48 Initials IM/S/AW/PB Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA7ICV42WZKTAW2SVDVIQL3JT5P
- Location: SCARAMANGA BAY, Greece
- Country: Greece
- Duration: 00:00:50
- Story Text: King Paul of Greece, opened a new frogman training centre, at Scaramanga Bay, Apl 1. The underwater training centre will be used to train members of the Greek Navy in the finer points of underwater destruction.
Also present were Crown Prince Constantine, Queen Frederika, and Princess Sophie and Irene.
Before opening the centre King Paul and the Royal Family took part in the ceremony of blessing the training area. The blessing was conducted by a Naval priest.
Later the Royal guests watched a parade of the men already undergoing training at the centre. Demonstrating their craft, frogman in a rubber boat, took part in a mock sabotage operation.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:17th April 1960 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None