- Title: USA: Tracy Reese unveils her collection for Spring 2011 at New York Fashion Week
- Date: 14th September 2010
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MODELS WALKING DOWN THE RUNWAY AUDIENCE WATCHING SHOW VARIOUS OF MODELS WATCHING THE SHOW AUDIENCE WATCHING VARIOUS OF DESIGNS AUDIENCE WATCHING ALL MODELS SHOWING LOOKS AUDIENCE CLAPPING TRACY REESE WAVING AND ACCEPTING FLOWERS
- Embargoed: 29th September 2010 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA9BLQCZUOY15113JVXW5PF6046
- Story Text: Fashion designer Tracy Reese's Spring 2011 Collection took flight on Monday (September 13) at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week.
The jet-setting inspired line features 70's embellishments for the woman on the go.
"It's like the dream of how people used to travel when you had a travel wardrobe and you had your perfect white jacket and your perfect slacks or trousers, beautiful spread collar blouses," explained Reese.
"There's a touch of nautical feeling to it 'cause the blues are coming in and they're so rich and dreamy."
Reese takes her looks a step further to destination-wear, with tribal trousers and safari hats.
While she enjoys the business of creating clothing, Reese and her team gets a "boost" when celebrities wear her designs.
"You're looking in US Weekly or one of the weekly magazines and it's like 'Oh my God. She's wearing our dress.' That's so cool, so I think it's just fun for all of us and I think celebrities are having fun wearing clothes," said Reese.
"There's a lot to choose from, but I think they're like having fun with it."
New York Fashion Week runs through September 16.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.