- Title: Russia has suspended its Syria air safety agreement with US - Kremlin
- Date: 7th April 2017
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (APRIL 7, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KREMLIN
- Embargoed: 21st April 2017 12:06
- Keywords: Russia Kremlin Mideast crisis Peskov agreement Syria
- Location: MOSCOW, ARKHANGELSK, RUSSIA / UNKNOWN LOCATION
- City: MOSCOW, ARKHANGELSK, RUSSIA / UNKNOWN LOCATION
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BEGXMV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russia has suspended its Syria air safety agreement with the United States following the missile strikes, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday (April 7).
Peskov said Russia would keep technical and military channels of communication open with Washington, but would not exchange any information through them.
"The point (of memorandum with U.S.) was lost overnight with the start of the strikes," the spokesman told reporters.
Peskov said the risk of collisions between Russian and U.S. aircraft had "significantly risen".
The strikes were carried out in interests of Islamic State and other radical groups operating in Syria, Peskov added.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None