- Title: Three killed as truck drives into Stockholm crowd
- Date: 7th April 2017
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (APRIL 7, 2017) (REUTERS) FIRE TRUCKS PARKED WHERE ATTACK TOOK PLACE POLICE OFFICERS IN STREET / MAN AND WOMAN WALKING AWAY RAPIDLY FIRE TRUCKS AND POLICE IN STREET MAN RUNNING POLICE POLICE OFFICERS GATHERED NEAR POLICE VEHICLE UNMARKED POLICE CAR DRIVING WITH SIREN POLICE PRESENCE IN STREET POLICE VEHICLE DRIVING AWAY FIRE FIGHTERS WALKING / FIRE TRUCKS IN BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 21st April 2017 15:32
- Keywords: Stockholm attack truck shopping district
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BEIQFB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Part of central Stockholm was cordoned off and the area was evacuated, including the main train station on Friday (April 7), after a truck drove into a crowd on a shopping street and smashed into a department store.
Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said everything indicated the crash was a terrorist attack, according to the national news agency TT.
Many police and emergency services personnel were at the scene, but police said nobody has been arrested in connection with the attack and there was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Several attacks in which trucks or cars have driven into crowds have taken place in Europe in the past year. Al Qaeda in 2010 urged its followers to use trucks as a weapon.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None