- Title: Stockholm on lock down after suspected terrorist attack
- Date: 7th April 2017
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (APRIL 7, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE STANDING AT POLICE CORDON STREET WHERE ATTACK TOOK PLACE CLOSED WITH POLICE CORDON POLICE OFFICER IN RIOT GEAR AT CORDON POLICE OFFICER AT CORDON, POLICE ALLOWING PEOPLE TO PASS THROUGH CORDON MAIN STREET CLOSE TO ATTACK SITE VARIOUS OF PEOPLE BEING LED AWAY FROM OFFICE BLOCKS, SHOPS NEAR ATTACK SITE
- Embargoed: 21st April 2017 18:59
- Keywords: attack lock down truck police evacuate Stockholm Sweden
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BEK6KN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The centre of Stockholm came to a standstill on Friday (April 7) after a truck ploughed into a crowd on a shopping street and crashed into a department store close to the city's main metro station.
Cinema-goers, office workers and tourists were kept inside as police threw a security cordon around a large area of the city centre and cut off traffic.
The city's subway service has been cleared to restart after the attack, but all bus traffic in the centre of the city remains at a standstill, the public transport authority said. The authority said trains would not stop at the two stations closest to where the truck attack took place.
Swedish police said no-one had been arrested in connection with the attack. They showed a picture of a man wearing a grey hoodie and said they were looking for him. They did not rule out the possibility that other attackers were involved in what the prime minister said appeared to be a terrorist attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None