- Title: Lotte Group chairman arrives at Seoul prosecutorsâ€™ office for questioning
- Date: 7th April 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (APRIL 7, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** LOTTE GROUP CHAIRMAN, SHIN DONG-BIN, WALKING TOWARD ENTRANCE OF SEOUL CENTRAL DISTRICT PROSECUTORS' OFFICE MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) LOTTE GROUP CHAIRMAN, SHIN DONG-BIN, SAYING: "I will fully cooperate with the interrogation today." SHIN SURROUNDED BY JOURNALISTS ENTERING BUILDING SOUTH KOREAN NATIONAL FLAG AND PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE FLAG FLYING EXTERIOR OF SEOUL CENTRAL DISTRICT PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE
- Embargoed: 21st April 2017 02:40
- Keywords: Lotte Shin Dong-bin chairman prosecutors investigation scandal president Park Geun-hye
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BEFY2T
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Lotte Group Chairman Shin Dong-bin arrived at Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office for questioning as a witness on Friday (April 7) in an investigation of an influence-peddling scandal that led to the dismissal and arrest of former president Park Geun-hye.
The prosecutor's office said Shin had been summoned to appear at 9:30 a.m. local time (0030 GMT) on Friday.
Park was arrested on March 31 after a court granted the prosecution's request for her detention on charges including bribery.
She is accused of colluding with a friend, Choi Soon-sil, to pressure businesses such as Lotte to contribute to foundations that backed her policy initiatives. Prosecutors were questioning her again on Thursday, the second time this week. Park and Choi both deny any wrong-doing.
Lotte has denied allegations that it made improper deals with Park, or those linked to her, for favours.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None