- Title: WEST BANK: Israel kills two Palestinian militants in West Bank
- Date: 23rd October 2007
- Summary: VEHICLE CARRYING BODIES OF TWO MILITANTS ARRIVING AT HOSPITAL UNCOVERED BODIES BEING WHEELED THROUGH HOSPITAL CORRIDOR DOCTORS EXAMINING BODY CLOSE OF MAN'S SHIRT TAINTED WITH BLOOD, WOMAN WEEPING WIDE OF PEOPLE SURROUNDING BODY
- Embargoed: 7th November 2007 12:00
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVA2RWQFLHP2NHPS76T53ROC0R6P
- Story Text: Israeli troops kill two Palestinian militants during a military raid in the West Bank.
Israeli forces killed two Palestinian militants near the West Bank city of Jenin on Tuesday (October 23), the army and Palestinian officials said.
Early on Tuesday the forces were seen operating near a house in Jenin.
During the raid a Palestinian vehicle was set ablaze and the soldiers created a smoke screen to conceal their activity.
The two gunmen who were identified as members of the Islamic Jihad militant group, according to a Palestinian security official, were brought to the local hospital.
An army spokesman said the two gunmen were killed in an exchange of fire when they tried to escape the Israeli force. The spokesman said they were carrying rifles.
The Palestinian security official said the operation was conducted by undercover Israeli troops and was continuing in an area north of Jenin.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None