- Title: WEST BANK: Torrential rainfall causes floods in West Bank village
- Date: 1st March 2009
- Summary: QEFFIEN VILLAGE, NEAR TULKAREM, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 28, 2009) (REUTERS) VIEW OF FLOODED STREET DUE TO HEAVY RAINFALLS OVER PAST TWO DAYS RESIDENTS STANDING ON SIDE OF HEAVILY FLOODED STREET VAN COMES RUSHING THROUGH FLOODED STREET FLOODED PLANTS AND TREES FLOODED GARDEN WOMAN LOOKS OUT OF HOUSE WINDOW FLOODED GROUND VARIOUS OF FLOOD DAMAGE AND RESIDENTS RESCUE VAN DRIVES THROUGH CAR CARRIED OFF BY WATER WITH RESIDENTS WATCHING AND TRUCK IN BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 16th March 2009 12:00
- Topics: Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA1GHIJNOX0PXXAUKP633C51UL6
- Story Text: Heavy rains during the weekend cause floods in a West Bank Palestinian village of Qeffien.
Palestinians in a West Bank village stood by as torrential rainfall caused floods and damage to houses on Saturday (February 28).
The streets of the village on Qeffein, near the town of Tulkarem, were overflowing with water, as residents tried to walk pass pools of water and drive their cars.
Other residents were watching the flooded streets from their windows.
Weather forecast show storms are expected to continue in the upcoming days in the region.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None