- Title: USA: U.S. Defense Secretary hosts U.N. Secretary-General at Pentagon
- Date: 11th April 2014
- Summary: ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 11, 2014) (REUTERS) U.S. DEFENSE SECRETARY CHUCK HAGEL WALKS DOWN STEPS OF PENTAGON MOTORCADE ROLLS UP AND UN SECRETARY GENERAL BAN KI MOON EXITS VEHICLE HAGEL AND BAN SHAKE HANDS AND WALK UP STEPS
- Embargoed: 26th April 2014 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVAZ3LZDV38UC0MNF2RSDK7D4FS
- Story Text: U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel welcomed U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon to the Pentagon Friday (April 11) morning.
Ban will also meet with Chairmain of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey. They're expected to discuss Hagel's recent trip to Asia as well as U.S. support for U.N. peacekeeping.
Ban is in Washington for a series of events around the semi-annual meeting of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.
This is Ban's second visit to the Pentagon. Last April, he became the first sitting U.N.-Secretary General ever to visit the Pentagon.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None