- Title: WEST BANK: Palestinians clash with Israeli soldiers after funeral procession
- Date: 12th September 2014
- Summary: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES HEBRON, WEST BANK (SEPTEMBER 12, 2014) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS HOLDING BODY OF PALESTINIAN DIED IN ISRAELI PRISON, CHANTING FOR REVENGE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) HEAD OF PALESTINIANS PRISONERS CLUB OFFICE IN HEBRON, AMJAD AL-NAJJAR, SAYING: "Israel continues to commit crimes and to kill Palestinian prisoners. The Palestinian leadership should move urgently and appeal to international courts." MAN STEPPING ON ISRAELI FLAG MORE OF FUNERAL PROCESSION MEN HOLDING BODY VARIOUS OF FUNERAL PROCESSION ISRAELI SOLDIERS AT SCENE SOLDIER TAKING POSITION PALESTINIANS THROWING STONES, SOLIDER SHOOTING HEARD SOLDIER TAKING POSITION PALESTINIAN YOUTHS ROLLING BURNING TYRE BURNING TYRE VARIOUS OF YOUTHS THROWING STONES
- Embargoed: 27th September 2014 13:00
- Location: West bank
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA430LV1XLTBAXWC90Q5HLNXEAB
- Story Text: Hundreds of Palestinians attended on Friday (September 12) the funeral of a Palestinian prisoner from Hebron who died in an Israeli prison.
Raed Al-Jabari, 35, died on Tuesday (September 9) and Palestinian officials said that he was beaten to death by Israeli captors.
"Israel continues to commit crimes and to kill Palestinian prisoners. The Palestinian leadership should move urgently and appeal to international courts," said Amjad Al-Najjar head of Palestinians Prisoners Club office in Hebron.
Israeli prison services said that Al-Jabari committed suicide and died after they moved him to hospital.
The case is being investigated by a court and the judge is expected to announce the results after checking the autopsy report.
After the funeral Palestinian stone-hurling youths clashed with Israeli soldiers.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None