- Title: YUGOSLAVIA: ALBANIAN PM VISITS PRISTINA.
- Date: 13th August 1999
- Summary: PRISTINA, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA (AUGUST 13, 1999) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/MV/PAN: CHILDREN PLAYING OUTSIDE TOWER BLOCKS/ SECURITY (5 SHOTS) 0.29 2. GV/MV: ALBANIAN PRIME MINISTER, PANDELI MAJKO EXITS BUILDING AND SAYS FAREWELL TO COLLEAGUES/ CAR DRIVES OFF/ CHILDREN RUN AFTER HIM (7 SHOTS) 1.31 PRISTINA, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA (AUGUST 13, 1999) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 3. GV/MV: KOSOVO FLAGS OVER CROWDS GATHERED FOR DEMONSTRATION (2 SHOTS) 1.38 4. MV/SV: BANNERS BEING HELD BY DEMONSTRATORS DEMANDING WHERE ARE OUR SONS/ DAUGHTERS/HUSBANDS/WIVES? (3 SHOTS) 1.46 5. CU/MV: VARIOUS OF CROWD LOOKING SOMBRE (2 SHOTS) 1.53 6. MV: PEOPLE MARCHING HOLDING BANNERS 2.01 7. SV: DEMONSTRATION PASSING BY KFOR SOLDIER (2 SHOTS) 2.09 8. CU: SOUNDBITE (English) DEMONSTRATOR: "Today all of us gather here with one demand - for the unconditional release of all the people held hostage in prison in Serbia, for me personally my mum is one of them, we would like to see that soon and with more involvement of the international community. We will carry on of course protesting like this everyday and doing all we can do to make this a reality." 2.39 9. CU: MORE OF DEMONSTRATORS HOLDING PLACARDS WITH PHOTOGRAPHS AND SLOGANS, DEMANDING RETURN OF LOVED ONES (2 SHOTS) 2.44 GNILJANE, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA (AUGUST 13, 1999) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 10. SV: CONVOY OF SERB REFUGEES ON ROAD (2 SHOTS) 2.56 11. GV/CU: OLD SERB WOMAN ON TRACTOR/ SERB WOMAN CRYING/ SERB CHILDREN ON TRACTOR (3 SHOTS) 3.12 12. MV/GV/SV: VARIOUS OF CONVOY (3 SHOTS) 3.28 13. GV: ALBANIANS WATCHING 3.34 14. MV/GV: U.S. TROOPS GUARDING SERBS (2 SHOTS) 3.47 15. MCU: SOUNDBITE (Serbo-croat) WOMAN: "I do not know where I am going, where I will sleep or who will help me. Everything has been burned down and they (the albanians) were all trying to make us leave." 3.57 16. GV: CONVOY ON ROAD, ALBANIANS JEERING 4.08 17. SV/GV: SOLDIERS REPRIMANDING ALBANIAN/ CONVOY (2 SHOTS) 4.22 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 28th August 1999 13:00
- Location: PRISTINA AND GNILJANE, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Reuters ID: LVAXZF99CJ172AZSXIINRUU8I0K
- Story Text: The Albanian Prime Minister, Pandeli Majko, has been
visiting Pristina in Kosovo, the first by a senior Albanian
politician since 1912.
While the prime minister of Albania Pandeli Majko
visited his Kosovo cousins now installed in Pristina on Friday
(Aug 13), Serb families outside the city continued to flee
the country for fear of reprisals, under escort from United
States KFOR troops.
Ethnic Albanians cheered as about sixteen Serb families
with tractors piled high with household goods and belongings
passed cautiously through the streets of Gniljane on their way
One old Serb woman cried as U.S.KFOR troops stood watch
over the Albanians as the Serbs passed.
One American soldier warned off a provocative ethnic
Albanian man, who was shouting and jeering at the passing
One old Serb woman sitting on the back of a tractor said
she did not know where she was going, where she would sleep or
who could help her.she said everything had been burned down
and they (the Albanians) were all trying to make them leave.
Elsewhere in Pristina demonstrations continued, as ethnic
Albanians protested at the continued disappearance of their
relatives, currently being held in Serb prisons, according to
the demonstrators.They vowed on Friday to continue
protesting each day until their release.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None