- Title: EUROZONE-BANK NOTE ECB President Draghi unveils new 20 euro bank note
- Date: 25th February 2015
- Summary: ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF DRAGHI SYMBOLICALLY SIGNING 20 EURO BILL
- Embargoed: 12th March 2015 12:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA4EUVJ8JZ5T25C9DB5DDYNLWF4
- Story Text: European Central Bank (ECB) President Mario Draghi unveiled a new 20 euro bank note during a ceremony in Frankfurt on Tuesday (February 24), calling the common currency "the most tangible symbol of European integration."
"The introduction of a new bank note serves us as a reminder that this integration is an ongoing process. Euro bank notes touch the lives of every one of us. As such, they bring us closer together," Draghi said at the ECB headquarters in Germany's financial capital.
The new 20 euro bank notes will come into circulation in November.
Earlier in the day, Draghi in a letter to Dutch Finance Minister and Eurogroup chairman Jeroen Dijsselbloem welcomed Greece's reform plans but said he would keep a close watch on ideas that depart from previous pledges, underlining the need for Greece to stick to its commitments.
Draghi wrote that although some reforms proposed by Athens needed fleshing out, they were enough to justify continuing aid to Greece.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.