- Title: U.K.: OLD-TIME BANQUETS FOR TOURISTS CAPTURE ELIZABETHAN ATMOSPHERE
- Date: 4th July 1973
- Summary: 1. GV Hatfield House 0.08 2. SV INTERIOR actor in Elizabethan-period costume announcing start of ceremony, and guests and tourists watching 0.42 3. SV Guests at table 0.43 4. SV Actor leading old-time singing 1.14 5. SV Guests eating 1.20 6. SV Actors and actresses eating 1.25 7. SV Actors, actresses and guests performing 1.54 Initials ES. 1210 ES. 1257 Jo Hodgson - News Research c.c. Library Cataloguing Could you pls change the above script in the following manner: Paragraph 1, third line down reads as follows ..."regular Elizabethan banquets in an old manor house at Ratfield, England." This should be changed to: "... regular Elizabethan banquets in the Old Palace of Hatfield House, Hatfield, England." Sequence 2 - "...period banquets it stages in an old manor house in Hatfield, county ..." Should read: "... period banquets it stages in the Old Palace of Hatfield House, in Hatfield, county ..." Unfortunately, there has been an error with must be rectified as soon as possible, in case we should need to use the film again some time. Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 19th July 1973 13:00
- Location: HATFIELD, HERTFORDSHIRE, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVAAJHSZ2WIATVCGORQAY8UK4F23
- Story Text: Queen Elizabeth I of England reigned several centuries ago. But the past is not altogether lost -- for an entertainment company stages regular Elizabethan banquets in an old manor house at Hatfield, England. In county Hertfordshire, actors and actresses dressed in period costume perform songs and dances of the time for paying guests.
The banquets feature a variety of traditional English menu. An actor and actress attend, masquerading as the Queen and one of her consorts, the Earl of Leicester, and guests are heralded into the banqueting hall by a trumpet fanfare after preliminary drinks.
The guests are encouraged to soak up the atmosphere of a traditional "revel" in an Elizabethan banqueting hall.
SYNOPSIS: An English entertainment company has captured something of the atmosphere of Elizabethan times in the regular period banquets it stages in an old manor house in hatfield, county Hertfordshire. Actors and actresses dress in period costume -- with two of them representing Queen Elizabeth the First and one of her consorts, the Earl of Leicester. Paying guests are heralded into the banqueting hall, following 'the Queen', after preliminary drinks.
The banquets are realistic, down to fine detail, and even the entertainment is genuine Elizabethan.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None