- Title: GERMANY: GERMAN BANKERS STAGE PROTEST IN SUPPORT OF 6 PERCENT PAY INCREASE
- Date: 10th March 1995
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (MARCH 10, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION) 1. GV/LV STRIKING BANK WORKERS OUTSIDE BANKS (2 SHOTS) 0.07 2. SLV/VARIOUS STRIKING BANK WORKERS HOLDING BANNERS/MARCHING DOWN STREET (7 SHOTS) 0.56 3. GV/PAN LARGE CROWD OF STRIKING BANK WORKERS LISTENING TO SPEECHES FROM UNION LEADER REUNHARDT ROENNER. (4 SHOTS) 1.15 4. MCU ROENNER " WE WILL SEE WHAT IS ON OFFER NEXT WEDNESDAY FROM THE EMPLOYEES, AND AFTER THAT WE WILL GO ON STRIKE" (ENGLISH) 1.28 5. GV/CRANE-DOWN/PAN CATHEDRAL IN BACKGROUND, CROWD IN FOREGROUND (3 SHOTS) 1.42 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 25th March 1995 12:00
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA1T4Z2Y3X3E4NBXI8T29U8N4TM
- Story Text: Three thousand German bank workers took to the streets of Berlin on Friday (March 10) in support of a 6 per cent pay claim.
The members of Germany's banking union, the Union for Trade, Banks, and Insurances (HBV) (Gewerkschaft Handel, Banken, Versicherungen) walked off the job, after employers postponed a fourth round of talks indefinitely last week.
The HBV has rejected an offer of 2.4 per cent for the sector's 430,000 workers.
Union members have warned that if negotiations between the union and employers, scheduled to take place on Wednesday (March 15) failto reach agreement, a full-scale strike will follow.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None