- Title: JERUSALEM/WEST BANK: SNOW BLIZZARD BLANKETS JERUSALEM AND HILLY AREAS OF RAMALLAH
- Date: 15th February 2004
- Summary: (U3)JERUSALEM (FEBRUARY 15, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. GV/LV: SNOW IN STREETS (2 SHOTS) 0.12 (U3)ABU DIS, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 15, 2004) (REUTERS) 2. LV/SVDOME OF THE ROCK, PEOPLE WALKING IN STREET (2 SHOTS) 0.30 3. VARIOUS: CHILDREN PLAYING WITH SNOW; SEPARATION BARRIER (6 SHOTS) 1.36 (W5)JERUSALEM (FEBRUARY 15, 2004) (REUTERS) 4. VARIOUS OF SNOW SCENES (3 SHOTS) 1.58 (U3)RAMALLAH, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 15, 2004) (REUTERS) 5. WIDE OF PALESTINIAN PRESIDENT YASSER ARAFAT'S HEADQUARTERS COVERED IN SNOW (2 SHOTS) 2.10 6. BULLDOZER CLEARING SNOW 2.17 7. VARIOUS: MORE OF SNOW SCENES AROUND RAMALLAH (3 SHOTS) 2.35 8. VARIOUS OF CHILDREN WITH SNOW BALLS (4 SHOTS) 3.11 9. VARIOUS: MORE OF SNOWY STREETS (3 SHOTS) 3.31 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 1st March 2004 12:00
- Location: JERUSALEM/ABU DIS AND RAMALLAH, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Reuters ID: LVA5OK298B1UK3V8GYUIQ4CUN5AZ
- Story Text: Snow in Jerusalem and on the West Bank.
Snow blanketed Jerusalem and much of the hilly
areas of the West Bank city of Ramallah on Sunday(February
15) as storms battered large parts of the Middle East.
The blizzard struck suddenly on Saturday (February 14)
as Ultra-Orthodox Jews rushed to evening prayers towards
the close of the Jewish Sabbath, clutching their wide
fur-rimmed hats and pulling small children in tow.
Secular Israeli lovers were treated to a bonanza as the
snowflakes added a romantic touch to their celebration of
In the West Bank city of Ramallah, Palestinian
President Yasser Arafat's compound was blanketed by heavy
Palestinian children were out throwing snowballs within
an hour of the first flurry, where locals reported that 10
centimetres had fallen in one hour.
Meteorologists said the snow would continue overnight
in areas 500 metres (1,600 feet) above sea-level, but would
melt within a day as temperatures rise.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None