- Title: Ford plans to launch plug-in hybrid car in China in 2018
- Date: 8th April 2017
- Summary: CAMERAMAN VARIOUS OF EXECUTIVES OF FORD POSING FOR PHOTOS ON STAGE FORD PRESIDENT AND CEO, MARK FIELDS, WALKING AWAY WITH PRESIDENT OF FORD ASIA PACIFIC, DAVE SCHOCH
- Embargoed: 22nd April 2017 18:51
- Keywords: Ford China hybrid plug-in car Shanghai CEO Mark Fields Mondeo Energi Ranger truck sedan
- Location: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0056BJG5U5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Ford Motor Co unveiled its plug-in hybird car, the Mondeo Energi sedan and its mid-size Ranger pickup truck on Saturday (April 8) in Shanghai, China.
The plug-in hybrid car will be launched in China in 2018 and a fully electric sport-utility vehicle in the next five years, as it works toward electrifying most of its lineup in the world's biggest auto market by 2025.
This comes at a time when Beijing is urging automakers to sell more electric vehicles, laying out strict fuel economy targets and subsidizing certain new energy vehicle models, in a bid to cut air pollution and promote technological innovation.
Ford Chief Executive Mark Fields said the company plans for 70 percent of Ford brand vehicles sold in China to be conventional hybrids, plug-in hybrids or full battery electric by 2025.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.