- Title: Police and forensics clean up Stockholm attack site
- Date: 8th April 2017
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (APRIL 8, 2017) (REUTERS) FORENSICS AT ATTACK SITE PREPARING FOR CLEAN-UP PEOPLE, MEDIA LOOKING ON, TAKING PICTURES FROM IMPROVISED SHRINE POLICE, CLEANING STAFF SHOVELLING SHATTERED GLASS FROM GROUND FORENSICS, POLICE AT SCENE / DEBRIS ON GROUND PEOPLE BY MAKESHIFT SHRINE LOOKING ON, TAKING PICTURES SHATTERED GLASS, MANGLED METAL ON GROUND UNDER STORE PANEL BARELY HANGING FROM CEILING FORENSICS AT SCENE PEOPLE BY MAKESHIFT FLORAL SHRINE LOOKING ON, TAKING PICTURES VEHICLE SLOWLY APPROACHING SITE, SACK OF POWDER BEING THROWN FROM VEHICLE ONTO GROUND SPECIAL CLEANING STAFF DUSTING POWDER ONTO ATTACK SCENE MAN TAKING DOWN HANGING STORE PANEL ROAD SWEEPING VEHICLE APPROACHING SCENE SPECIAL CLEANING STAFF SWEEPING FLOOR AT SCENE ROAD SWEEPER DRIVING IN SPECIAL CLEANING STAFF SHOVELLING SHATTERED GLASS, DEBRIS ROAD SWEEPER DRIVING AWAY, BLOWING UP POWDER DUST POLICE CLEANING UP
- Embargoed: 22nd April 2017 19:01
- Keywords: police truck scene clean-up forensics Stockholm attack
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BJG7D3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Police and forensics on Saturday (April 8) cleaned up the site where a truck ploughed into a crowd and crashed into a department store in central Stockholm on Friday (April 7), killing four people and wounding 15 in what the Swedish Prime Minister said appeared to be a terrorist attack.
Mangled metal and glass from shattered windows covered the ground at the attack scene outside a department store in central Stockholm.
People flocked to an improvised floral shrine throughout Saturday, leaving candles and notes to honour the victims.
A 39-year-old Uzbek man is held in custody as the suspected driver of the hijacked beer delivery truck that ploughed into the crowds. Police said they were maintaining a heightened presence, fearing copycat attacks.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None