- Title: FILE: Fabio Capello, coach for Italian soccer champions Juventus has resigned.
- Date: 5th July 2006
- Summary: ROME, ITALY (JULY 4, 2006)(REUTERS-ACCESS ALL) VARIOUS JUVENTUS WEBSITE WITH THE PRESS RELEASE ABOUT COACH FABIO CAPELLO RESIGNING
- Embargoed: 20th July 2006 13:00
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVABSHP7EFIAL2CE4XPBFIPCTQ9D
- Story Text: Italian soccer champions Juventus said on Tuesday (July 4) their coach, Fabio Capello, had resigned.
Juve gave no other details in a brief statement on its website which announced the resignation. The new president of Real Madrid, Ramon Calderon, said on Monday he planned to appoint Capello coach of the Spanish team.
The news broke as the prosecutor in Italy's match fixing trial against four top teams told the tribunal he wanted them all thrown out of the sport's top league, with champions Juventus singled out for heaviest punishment.
On the third day of Italy's biggest sporting trial, Stefano Palazzi called for Juventus to be stripped of its league titles in the last two seasons and relegated to "below Serie B". AC Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio should all go down to Serie B, he said.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None