- Title: VARIOUS FILE: R&B singer Erykah Badu gets probation for stripping
- Date: 19th August 2010
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 21, 2001) (REUTERS) WIDE OF ERYKAH BADU AT GRAMMYS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ERYKAH BADU ON HER NOMINATIONS, SAYING: "I wasn't expecting it because I hadn't had anything out in a long time but I'm happy that I was recognized all the time, you know, makes me feel good."
- Embargoed: 3rd September 2010 13:00
- Topics: Crime / Law Enforcement,Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVAE6WB9CJ50ZTTPHRFXL7C2DAN9
- Story Text: Soul and R&B singer Erykah Badu has paid a fine and will serve six months probation for stripping off her clothes to film a music video Dallas, Texas, at the site where former President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, a city official said on Tuesday (August 18).
The 39-year-old music star had been charged with disorderly conduct in April over her nude video shoot in Dealey Plaza for her single "Window Seat," from her latest album "New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh).
Badu agreed with prosecutors in her hometown of Dallas to serve probation that will end Feb. 11, and she paid a $500 (US Dollars) fine late last week, a spokesman for the city of Dallas said.
In "Window Seat," Badu sheds all her clothes throughout the course of the song as she walks and runs through the plaza. At the end, a gunshot rings out and she collapses to the ground naked, as blue blood spills out to form the word "groupthink."
Kennedy was shot in November 1963 as his motorcade passed Dealey Plaza in the city's downtown.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None