- Title: VARIOUS FILE: Singer Cheryl Cole in hospital with malaria
- Date: 6th July 2010
- Summary: BADEN BADEN, GERMANY (FILE - JUNE 26, 2006) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ENGLAND DEFENDER ASHLEY COLE AND GIRLS ALOUD SINGER CHERYL COLE (THEN TWEEDY) SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS/ POSING FOR PHOTOS
- Embargoed: 21st July 2010 13:00
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVA9SDI9RCDXZGUDC701CZSO4LWN
- Story Text: The 27-year-old, best known as a member of the band Girls Aloud and a judge on "The X Factor" reality television series, had already cancelled her work commitments for a week on the advice of doctors.
Cole recently returned from from a short break in Tanzania with her friend and dancer Derek Hough, according to the BBC.
Newspapers reported on Monday that she had fainted during a photoshoot for her second solo album at the weekend and was diagnosed with exhaustion and gastroenteritis.
The singer separated from her husband Ashley Cole, a soccer player with London club Chelsea, in February and filed for divorce in May.
Since their marriage in 2006, the couple have lived in the full glare of the media spotlight, with paparazzi following their every move.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains identifiable children: users must ensure that they comply with local laws and regulations governing the publishing of this material.