- Title: USA: Whitney Houston's hearse arrives at cemetery.
- Date: 20th February 2012
- Summary: WESTFIELD, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES (FEBRUARY 19, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HEARSE AND LIMOUSINES ARRIVING AT CEMETERY
- Embargoed: 6th March 2012 12:00
- Location: Usa, Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment,People
- Reuters ID: LVA60H8C8K176VVK2DJ712VGY95L
- Story Text: The golden hearse carrying the body of Whitney Houston and her family arrived at her final resting place, the Fairview Cemetery, on Sunday (February 19).
She will be laid to rest next to her father John who was buried at the cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey in 2003.
Her burial comes after some of the biggest names in the music industry came together to bid an emotional farewell to the singer at her funeral service in Newark, New Jersey, on Saturday (February 18).
Houston, was found submerged in the bath in her hotel room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles last Saturday (February 11).
The death of the star, one of the world's best-selling artists in the 1980s and 1990s, prompted a worldwide outpouring of grief, but her family decided that they wanted her funeral to be an invitation-only event with a single camera allowed in to film it.
At the peak of her success Houston won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year, and sold millions of albums and singles worldwide.
But her career began to unravel as she battled with drug addiction, making several trips to rehab. Her voice also began to suffer, prompting record sales to plunge.
Houston appeared on the X Factor in Britain in 2009 and released a new album after seven years off the scene.
The cause of her death remains unclear and the results of toxicology tests are awaited.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None