- Title: Stockholm street reopens as attack probe continues
- Date: 9th April 2017
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (APRIL 9, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE LEAVING WRITTEN MESSAGES ON BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW WHERE TRUCK CRASHED HAND OF PERSON WRITING (English) 'Stockholm our lionheart" WOMAN WIPING AWAY TEAR, CRYING CANDLES AND FLOWERS ON STREET ALONG BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW MESSAGES ON BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW, READING (Swedish) "The pen wins the evil" AND (Spanish) "No more violence. Stop" WORKERS WALKING WITH WHEELBARROWS WITH FLOWERS WOMAN TAKING A PICTURE OF BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW FLOWERS, CANDLES, RECTANGULAR BOX WITH PAINTED HEARTS UNDERNEATH BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW WORKER WALKING WITH WHEELBARROW FULL OF FLOWERS SIGN OF DEPARTMENT STORE WHERE TRUCK CRASHED, READING "ALHENS CITY" (SOUNDBITE) (English) STOCKHOLM POLICE SPOKESPERSON, KJELL LINDGREN, SAYING: "Now they were taken into questioning. And we have a lot of people that have been taken to police officers throughout Stockholm and for questioning but no one is put into custody, arrested suspect for the crime except the one that we arrested yesterday." VARIOUS OF MAN WRITING ON BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW MAN AND WOMAN TAKING SMARTPHONE PICTURES OF BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW RESIDENT OF STOCKHOLM SUBURB, LINDA EK, HANDWRITING MESSAGE ON BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW WITH DAUGHTERS HEARTS AND MESSAGES ON BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW (SOUNDBITE) (Swedish) STOCKHOLM SUBURB RESIDENT, LINDA EK, SAYING: "We live outside of Stockholm but we felt we wanted to come and pay tribute to those who died. A little girl died too, so my daughters understand that live is fragile." VARIOUS OF STOCKHOLM RESIDENT ELISABETH LEJON HANDWRITING ON BOARDED UP SHOP WINDOW (SOUNDBITE) (Swedish) STOCKHOLM RESIDENT ELISABETH LEJON, SAYING: "One understands that reality gets close. We had just seen this happening outside of Sweden, now it happens here, so one becomes more alert. I think our society will perhaps become more prepared for these things, learn how to react, how to avoid arbitrariness." VARIOUS OF MAN AND WOMAN PAYING THEIR RESPECTS BY MAKESHIFT SHRINE AT ONE OF ENTRANCES TO PEDESTRIAN STREET CANDLE AND FLOWERS FLOWERS ON POLICE VAN WINDSHIELD PEOPLE WALKING DOWN REOPENED PEDESTRIAN STREET VARIOUS OF FLOWERS AND SWEDISH FLAG AT ANOTHER ENTRANCE TO PEDESTRIAN STREET TEDDY BEARS WITH RIBBONS IN SWEDISH COLORS, CANDLES, FLOWERS
- Embargoed: 23rd April 2017 09:37
- Keywords: police truck attack scene flowers Stockholm
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BOE6H3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Swedish police have brought in seven people for questioning over an apparent terror attack in which a hijacked delivery truck mowed down pedestrians in Stockholm, killing four people, authorities said on Sunday (April 9).
Police took down barricades along the Drottninggatan street where the truck ploughed into the Ahlens department store after the truck was removed overnight to be examined by forensic experts.
Hundreds of flower bouquets covered steps leading to the square near the site of the attack with more piled up near the boarded-up windows of the store.
A 39-year-old Uzbek man was arrested earlier as the suspected driver of the truck that rammed into crowds in the Swedish capital on Friday (April 7). The man had been known to Swedish security services but had no clear links to militant groups.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None