- Title: IRAQ: Nine die in Baghdad car bombs
- Date: 18th September 2007
- Summary: (BN07) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (SEPTEMBER 18, 2007) (REUTERS) FIRE AND PLUME OF BLACK SMOKE NEAR HEALTH MINISTRY BUILDING IN CENTRAL BAGHDAD WHERE TWO CAR BOMBS EXPLODED / AUDIO OF GUNFIRE MORE OF FIRE AND BLACK SMOKE COVERING BLAST SCENE CAR ENGULFED WITH FIRE AND SMOKE BLAST SCENE WITH FIRE AND PLUME OF SMOKE AND CARS PARKED NEARBY CLOUD OF SMOKE COVERING SCENE AND FIREMAN DOUSING FIRE FIREMAN DOUSING SMOULDERING WRECKAGE OF CARS SCATTERED ON SCENE FIREMAN AND OVERTURNED CAR IRAQI SOLDIER INSPECTING BLAST SCENE SMOULDERING OVERTURNED WRECKAGE OF CAR CHARRED MINIVAN AND DEBRIS ON GROUND FIRE ENGINE / PEOPLE AND POLICEMEN IRAQI MILITARY MEDEVAC AND SOLDIERS AT SCENE OVERTURNED PICKUP TRUCK CHARRED VAN IRAQI POLICEMAN AND SOLDIERS NEAR WRECKAGE OF CAR WRECKAGE OF CAR AND DEBRIS ON STREET/ MEDEVAC NEAR HEALTH MINISTRY BUILDING SCATTERED WRECKAGE OF CAR ON STREET AND SOLDIER INSPECTING WRECKAGE
- Embargoed: 3rd October 2007 13:00
- Location: Iraq
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Crime / Law Enforcement,War / Fighting
- Reuters ID: LVA4RXN7ENR0T5V6AUXBPI510G8H
- Story Text: Two simultaneous car bombs outside the Health Ministry in central Baghdad killed seven people and wounded 23 on Tuesday (September 18), police said.
The bomb exploded in a parking lot behind the Health Ministry, sending a plume of black smoke into the sky.
Police said that they were checking another vehicle in the car park which they suspected was also rigged with explosives.
In the east Baghdad district of Zayouna, a bomb inside a minivan killed two people and wounded five others, police said.
Sunni Islamist al Qaeda militants have pledged a renewed campaign of violence to mark the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which started last week.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None