- Title: ALGERIA: Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani ends a three-day visit
- Date: 30th June 2009
- Summary: ALGIERS, ALGERIA (JUNE 29) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR PRESIDENTIAL PALACE ALGERIA AND IRAN FLAGS VARIOUS IRANIAN PARLIAMENT SPEAKER ALI LARIJANI ARRIVING AT THE PRESIDENTIALPALACE, WELCOMED BY THE ALGERIAN PRESIDENT, ABDELAZIZ BOUTEFLIKA VARIOUS OF LARIJANI AND BOUTEFLIKA AT MEETING ALI LARIJANI SPEAKING TO REPORTERS IN FARSI (translation not available) BOUTEFLIKA SHAKING HANDS WITH LARIJANI LARIJANI LEAVING BOUTEFLIKA WAVING GOODBYE
- Embargoed: 15th July 2009 13:00
- Location: Algeria
- Country: Algeria
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVA9ZY9NZKMN3AY0WA2VLA2J9BTO
- Story Text: Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani on Monday (June 29) underlined the need for Iran and Algeria to work together to solve the problems of Muslim countries.
Larijani was speaking after a meeting with Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, at the end of a three-day visit to the North African country.
Larijani told reporters at the beginning of his visit that Algeria's struggle to gain independence and Iran's Islamic Revolution put the two countries on the same track.
He also reiterated that Iran and Algeria were on the same democratic political path integrated by Islamic culture. He added that the westerners should respect this path.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None