- Title: ALGERIA: Algerian and Vietnamese presidents sign cooperation agreements
- Date: 15th April 2010
- Summary: ALGIERS, ALGERIA (APRIL 14, 2010) (REUTERS) **FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY** VIETNAM'S PRESIDENT NGUYEN MINH TRIET BEING GREETED BY AN HONORARY GUARD AT AT PRESIDENTIAL PALACE, SHAKING HANDS WITH ALGERIAN COUNTERPART ABDELAZIZ BOUTEFLIKA
- Embargoed: 30th April 2010 13:00
- Location: Algeria
- Country: Algeria
- Topics: Information
- Reuters ID: LVA3UWTKKKN19PHW4UJZEJQE0IXG
- Story Text: Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet paid a two-day sate visit to Algeria to strengthen relations between the two countries.
On Wednesday (April 14), the second day of his state visit, Nguyen Minh Triet met with his Algerian counterpart at the presidential palace in the capital Algiers where the leaders discussed regional and international issues.
Following the meeting the two leaders joined other state officials to sign a series of agreements and memorandums of understanding in various fields like petroleum, trade, judicial cooperation relating to extradition, civil and commercial matters, as well as veterinary health, plant protection, agriculture and sports.
Nguyen Minh Triet praised the relations between the two allies and said he considered Algeria a priority partner among Vietnam's traditional friends in North Africa.
"We are determined to strengthen the cooperation in the field of investment and commerce between the two countries... to develop our cooperation in the field of petroleum and agriculture. Those are the domains with the strongest potentialities. This is to ensure the security of food and energy. Further more we want to strengthen the cooperation in the field of labour force and experts to ensure a better synergy in every aspect of the process of the cooperation between the two countries," the Vietnamese president said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.