- Title: ALGERIA: Argentine President Kirchner visits Algeria to bolster trade links
- Date: 17th November 2008
- Summary: VARIOUS OF KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA SEATED KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA WALKING ALONG CORRIDOR KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA AND THEIR DELEGATIONS SEATED FOR TALKS BOUTEFLIKA AND HIS DELEGATION SEATED FOR TALKS KIRCHNER AND HER DELEGATION SEATED FOR TALKS VARIOUS OF DELEGATIONS ON EITHER SIDE OF ROOM AND KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA WAITING BEHIND TABLE KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA LAUGHING VARIOUS OF ALGERIAN ENERGY AND MINING MINISTER CHAKIB KHELIL AND THE ARGENTINE MINISTER FOR FEDERAL PLANNING, PUBLIC INVESTMENT AND SERVICES, JULIO DE VIDO SIGNING RELATING TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND THE PEACEFUL NUCLEAR ENERGY, STANDING AND SHAKING HANDS AS KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA WATCH ALGERIAN MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRES MOURAD MEDELCI AND THE ARGENTINE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, JORGE TAIANA SIGNING THE BILATERAL AGREEMENTS, STANDING AND SHAKING HANDS AS KIRCHNER AND BOUTEFLIKA WATCH BOUTEFLIKA GIVING AWAY THE PEN USED TO SIGN THE BILATERAL AGREEMENTS KIRCHNER CLAPPING (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) PRESIDENT OF ARGENTINA, CRISTINA FERNANDEZ DE KIRCHNER SAYING: "We have discussed the areas in which we are going to cooperate - nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, agriculture, the pharmaceutical industry,energy, transfer of technology, cattle farming."
- Embargoed: 2nd December 2008 12:00
- Location: Algeria
- Country: Algeria
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVA6QX1BV7U88XTPAMY6HC68UVO1
- Story Text: Algeria and Argentina sign trade agreements during Argentina President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner's visit to Algiers.
Algerian and Argentine ministers signed three cooperation agreements in the presence of President of Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika and his Argentine counterpart Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner on Monday (November 19) in Algiers.
The first agreement relating to the development and peaceful nuclear energy use was signed by Chakib Khelil, Algerian Energy and Mining Minister and Julio de Vido, Argentina's Minister for Federal Planning, Public Investment and Services.
An agreement on cooperation and experience sharing between the Algerian news agency, Algerie Presse Service (APS) its Argentine counterpart, Telam, was also signed.
A third agreement signed on Monday related to public health and medical sciences.
Kirchner listed the areas of cooperation agreed with Algeria. "We have discussed the areas in which we are going to cooperate - nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, agriculture, the pharmaceutical industry,energy, transfer of technology, cattle farming," she said.
It was the second and last day of Kirchner's visit to Algeria. She will travel to Tunisia, Libya and Egypt for talks aimed at bolstering trade with those Arab nations.
Argentina's exports to Algeria have been valued at nearly 900 million dollars (800 million euros) so far this year, compared to 765 million dollars in 2007. Algerian exports to Argentina were worth 95 million dollars in 2007
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None