- Title: ALGERIA: Saudi FM praises Algeria's response to hostage crisis
- Date: 31st January 2013
- Summary: ALGIERS, ALGERIA (JANUARY 30, 2013) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF THE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE. SAUDI FOREIGN MINISTER PRINCE SAUD AL-FAISAL WALKING TO GREET ALGERIAN PRESIDENT ABDELAZIZ BOUTEFLIKA, SHAKING HANDS AL-FAISAL AND BOUTEFLIKA SHAKING HANDS VARIOUS OF AL-FAISAL AND BOUTEFLIKA MEETING IN THE HONOUR LOUNGE AL-FAISAL AND BOUTEFLIKA EXITING LOUNGE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) SAUDI FOREIGN MINISTER PRINCE SAUD AL-FAISAL SAYING: "In fact I passed on to Mr. President the message of my brother (King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz), the custodian of the two holy mosques, in order to offer our sincere condolences to the President and to Algerian people, on the martyrs who passed away in the last events that happened in Algeria, the loss of the residents that we sympathize with their families. International stability and security were served by what Algeria did against these criminals, drug traffickers and terrorists. We talked also about the bilateral relations, and we agreed on the behalf of the custodian of the two holy mosques and the Algerian President to push these relations to the highest level possible, and we don't accept them in the current lowest levels. We talked about the regional and international issues of common interests, and the points of views converged. Thank you." AL-FAISAL AND BOUTEFLIKA SHAKING HANDS AL-FAISAL GETTING INTO CAR CAR LEAVING
- Embargoed: 15th February 2013 12:00
- Location: Algeria
- Country: Algeria
- Topics: International Relations,Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA7XKCPVW0VR6V00IC9LXDZ9N07
- Story Text: Algeria has served international stability and security through its response to the militant group that attacked a gas plant in In Amenas earlier this month, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said on Wednesday (January 30) during a visit to the North African country.
"International stability and security have been strengthened by Algeria's response against these criminals, drug traffickers and terrorists," Prince Saud al-Faisal said after meeting with Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The Saudi FM delivered a message from the Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz to President Bouteflika, in which he offered "sincere condolences" to the Algerian people following the hostage crisis and expressed sympathy for the victims and their families.
Al-Faisal and Bouteflika also discussed "regional and international issues of common interest", including bilateral relations. The two parties agreed to boost their relations as the two countries were "not satisfied with the current level of these relations", said the FM.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None