- Title: GERMANY: RETAIL ASSOCIATIONS UPBEAT ABOUT PRE-CHRISTMAS SALES
- Date: 24th April 2005
- Summary: (L!2) BERLIN, GERMANY (DECEMBER 18, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) WIDE VIEW OF MALL (POTSAM PLACE) WITH CHRISTMAS TREE VARIOUS OF SHOPPERS AT CASH REGISTER, BUYING PRESENTS PEOPLE WINDOW SHOPPING AT JEWELLERY STORE CLERK INSIDE STORE, ADJUSTING DISPLAY WIDE VIEW OF SHOPPERS WITH BAGS OF SHOPPING VARIOUS CLOSEUPS OF JEWELLERY PEOPLE GOING UP ESCALATOR, CAMERA ZOOMS TO CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS (1.34)
- Embargoed: 9th May 2005 13:00
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Business,Economy,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA5IXF8Z6W87TARMHB6SSRZLGBD
- Story Text: German retail associations are upbeat about pre-Christmas sales.
German retail associations remained upbeat about pre-Christmas sales on Saturday (December 18) with one electronics group saying it detected no sign of the slump in consumption that has dogged Europe's largest economy.
Hundreds of last-minute shoppers in Berlin flocked to Potsdam Palace to pick up their seasonal gifts.
Germany's economy has suffered a two year slump in consumption. A survey of business confidence published by Germany's Ifo institute on Friday found retailers more optimistic in December than at any time since May, although on balance the mood was still negative.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None