- Title: WEST GERMANY: NUREMBERG INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR
- Date: 3rd March 1960
- Summary: 1. GV Exhibition hall. 0.05 2. SV INT..Mechanical toys. 0.10 3. SCU Ditto 0.13 4. CU Mechanical monkey. 0.20 5. TV Automatic sports car. 0.31 6. CU Toy policeman. 0.34 7. CU Automatic car. 0.38 8. LV Woman examining rubber toys. 0.41 9. SCU Ditto. 0.43 10. SCU Punch. 0.48 11. CU Ditto. 0.53 12. SV Trolley buses. 1.00 13. SV British stand. 1.03 14. SV Rocking horses. 1.10 15. CU Showing springing on Rolls Royce model car. 1.15 16. TWO SHOTS..Dolls. 1.20 17. CU Ditto. 1.24 18. SV Pilot trainer. 1.28 19. CU Ditto. 1.33 20. FV Plane rising on platform as for take-off. 1.38 21. CU Undercarriage closing. 1.44 22. CU Plane as in flight. 1.48 Initials TDH/V/AW/PB Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 18th March 1960 12:00
- Location: NUREMBERG, West Germany
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA5UUVHTOF9XXFFQCX5Q3OEH4XM
- Story Text: Nine hundred exhibitors, including two hundred manufacturers from fourteen different countries, are represented at the 11th International Toy Fair, Nuremberg, West Germany, Mar 3-8.
This year's trend seems to have veered away from Atom-bomb construction kits, and space travellers equipment. Simple toys enjoyed by children for generations past are returning.
The cuddly teddy-bear and rocking horse are vying for favour with dolls and doll furniture made of plastic.
An outstanding novelty was an aircraft pilot trainer. Mounted above a mock-up control panel, a model giant airliner can be put through it's paces by means of a moveable joy-stick.
For the first time, the British Toy Industry--representing fourty-four British to manufacturers--are sharing one large stand. Their products are ranged side-by-side in an impressive display.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None