- Title: USA: Musican Sean 'Diddy' Combs lends his celebrity status to stylish headphones
- Date: 27th May 2010
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) SEAN "DIDDY" COMBS SAYING: "The difference in the music is, its a little bit more soulful and I am talking about just from a content perspective, its very vulnerable and just like, to me, the tracks are more of a fusion of electronic but hip hop soul too."
- Embargoed: 11th June 2010 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVA1CO7ZD48T1RHEJ6EG42L5G5XD
- Story Text: Music mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs hit New York's famed Union Square to launch "Diddybeats," his stylish new headphones.
Excited fans lined up at the electronics store Best Buy, to meet their idol and receive a free set of the $179 (USD) 'Diddybeats' head phones..
The artist is launching the headphones in partnership with rapper Dr Dre.
"Dr Dre is my hero, and it's beyond headphones, it's about sound," said Combs. "It's about sound, sound is life. The head phones we have been listening to over the years, the headphones we have been listening to isn't the truest form of sound."
After a four year hiatus, the fashion and music entrepreneur is set to release his new album, 'Last Train to Paris,' scheduled to hit stores in late June.
Combs said the album is very different from anything he has done before.
"The difference in the music is, its a little bit more soulful and I am talking about just from a content perspective, its very vulnerable and just like, to me, the tracks are more of a fusion of electronic but hip hop soul too," added Combs.
Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z and Chris Brown also lend their voices to the new album.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None