- Title: US: Baywatch star, Pamela Anderson, stars in comic book thriller, 'Barb Wire'
- Date: 1st April 1996
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA (APRIL 1, 1996 AND FILE) (REUTERS) LEE SAYS THIS A WONDERFUL TIME IN HER LIFE (PART OVERLAID WITH SHOTS OF LEE AND HUSBAND AT VIRGIN DRINK LAUNCH IN 1995) (ENGLISH)
- Embargoed: 16th April 1996 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES AND FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA30EB1TCM9IKME19AKHENACZLX
- Story Text: "Baywatch" star Pamela Anderson Lee makes the jump to the big screen in the new fantasy action-adventure film "Barb Wire", based on a feisty comic strip character.
The film version of "Barb Wire" follows a successful adaptation of the comic book "The Mask", both of which are published by the same company, Dark Horse Entertainment.
"The Mask" was also turned into the hit film of the same name, starring Jim Carrey.
In this film, Lee plays the title character, a hard-as-nails mercenary who lives in a futuristic world devastated by civil war, where biology is used to kill rather than cure.
In the last few years, Lee's career has leapt from the pages of Playboy magazine to the international stardom of "Baywatch", one of television's most popular shows, in which she plays lifeguard C.J. Parker.
Her off-screen life has also drawn intense public attention.
Last year she married rocker Tommy Lee and had a miscarriage. Now pregnant again, she is expecting the child later this summer.
"Barb Wire" will have simultaneous premieres in the United Kingdom and the United States, on May 3.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None