- Title: PORTUGAL: GREECE PREPARE FOR THEIR EURO 2004 QUARTER FINAL TIE AGAINST FRANCE
- Date: 22nd June 2004
- Summary: MASSAMA, PORTUGAL (JUNE 22, 2004) (REUTERS - NO WIRELESS ACCESS) 2. CAPTAIN THEO ZAGORAKIS OF TEAM STANDING IN GOAL 3. VARIOUS GREECE PLAYERS KICKING BALL TOWARDS GOAL 4. GREECE COACH OTTO REHHAGEL STANDING ON FIELD TALKING TO STRIKER ANGELOS CHARISTEAS 5. VARIOUS OF PLAYERS PRACTISING WITH BALL 6. GROUP OF PLAYERS ON FIELD 7. COACH TALKING TO PLAYERS 8. VARIOUS OF PLAYERS RUNNING ON FIELD 9. MIDFIELDER STYLIANOS GIANNAKOPOULOS JOGGING ALONE 10. GOALKEEPER ANTONIOS NIKOPOLIDIS TRAINING ABDOMEN 11. GIANNAKOPOULOS JOGGING BY Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 7th July 2004 13:00
- Location: MASSAMA, PORTUGAL
- Country: Portugal
- Reuters ID: LVA8YU55EQ9MQGTB44MEJCD2ZP6D
- Story Text: Greece prepare to face France in their Euro 2004
Greece coach Otto Rehhagel has told his players not
to turn France's big names into the stuff of nightmares
before their Euro 2004 quarter-final clash on Friday.
Rehhagel, who steered the Greeks to their first
European Championship quarter-final spot, said on Tuesday
(June 22) his team would come out fighting against
tournament favourites France.
"I tell my boys that even if they see Henry or Lizarazu
in their dreams not to be scared," Rehhagel told reporters
after a training session at the Real Sport Clube stadium.
Greece lost their final Group A match against Russia
2-1 but managed to qualify on goals scored at the expense
of Spain. The Greeks were surprised by a carefree Russian
side that had already been eliminated from the tournament.
Greece will be without striker Zisis Vryzas who earned
a second yellow card in the match against Russia and
received a one-match ban.
Injured midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos, who missed
his team's final group match was jogging on Tuesday, but it
was not yet clear whether he would be fit for the
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None