- Title: GERMANY: WORKS FROM NEW YORK'S MUSEUM OF MODERN ART GO ON DISPLAY IN BERLIN.
- Date: 21st February 2004
- Summary: (EU) BERLIN, GERMANY (FEBRUARY 20, 2004)(REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. FLAG FOR MOMA (MUSEUM OF MODERN ART) FLYING IN THE BREEZE 2. PAN DOWN TO QUEUE 3. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE QUEUEING TO GO INTO MUSEUM 4. SOUNDBITE (German) MR PETERS, MUSEUM VISITOR SAYING: "I have read that the exhibition is unique in Europe, and that some of the works of art are on show which won't be shown anywhere else in Europe, and I would like to see them." 5. WIDE OF ORGAN GRINDER IN FRONT OF QUEUE 6. SOUNDBITE (German) STEFAN OSLUS MUSEUM VISITOR SAYING: "It spares me the flight to New York, and for 10 Euro a ticket, its quite ok." 7. WIDE OF ORGAN GRINDER 8. SOUNDBITE (German) MARLIES SPILLGIESS MUSEUM VISITOR, SAYING: "The first and only time I was in Berlin was forty years ago, and so it is interesting anyway, but I arrived yesterday and this is at the top of our list, we have been waiting for half an hour, but I think that waiting time is quite normal." 9. WIDE OF QUEUE 10. WIDE INSIDE SHOT OF EXHIBITION 11. VISITORS LOOKING AT SCULPTURES 12. WIDE OF MATISSE "THE DANCE" WITH GIRLS SITTING ON BENCH IN FRONT OF IT 13. SCULPTURE OF FACE WITH PAN TO FACE OF VISITOR LOOKING AT IT 14. MAN LOOKING AT MONET'S "WATERLILLIES" 15. MAN MOVES FURTHER AWAY FOR A BETTER LOOK 16. COUPLE LOOKING AT WATERLILLIES 17. CLOSE UP OF VAN GOGH'S STARRY NIGHT 18. VISITORS LOOKING AT STARRY NIGHT 19. WIDE OF PAINTINGS 20. MARCEL DUCHAMP'S "BICYCLE" 21. WIDE OF PAINTING 22. VARIOUS OF VISITORS CONSIDERING ART WORKS 23. SOUNDBITE (German) UNNAMED VISITOR FROM NICE IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE SAYING: "I think it is very complete, I was particularly impressed by Picasso with all the paintings which he has here." 24. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE LOOKING AT PAINTINGS 25. COUPLE LOOKING AT A PICTURE 26. SOUNDBITE (English) DELILA, MUSEUM VISITOR SAYING: "We love some artists, like Hopper (Edward Hopper) and Andy Warhol, where we just look at them, I think it is a marvellous exhibition" 27. SOUNDBITE (English) DICK, MUSEUM VISITOR SAYING: "I thought we would be the only ones on the first day at 10 o' clock, but that is not the case." 28. HENRI ROUSSEAU'S "THE DREAM" 29. SOUNDBITE (German) JULIA T., MUSEUM VISITOR SAYING: "Its very impressive, there are a lot of masters here just in the first room, I have only just started to look and it is quite imposing." 30. VARIOUS SHOTS OF ARISTIDE MAILLOL'S "THE MEDITERRANEAN" Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 7th March 2004 12:00
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA4CK9OFH3BXW2RI7X0CV7OYQCP
- Story Text: An exhibition with 200 works from the New York
Museum of Modern Art has opened in Berlin.
The world-famous MoMA, New York's Museum of Modern
Art, opened in Berlin on Friday (February 20) to much
and rave reviews. More than 500 modern art fans were
already queueing when the doors opened. It is the first
time more than
200 paintings and sculptures have left their home in
Manhattan to be exhibited in one place.
The collection will be in Berlin for seven months, the
amount of time it will take to renovate the Museums
New York's West 53rd Street.
Paul Cezanne, Salvador Dali, Edward Hopper, Rene
Magritte, Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso,
Jackson Pollock and
Vincent Van Gogh are just some of the names visitors will
see at the show.
Organizers are hoping to attract 700,000 visitors and
bring millions of Euros into the city this summer. They
amount to cover the costs of exporting such a tight
security show. The exhibition, which cost 8.5 million
Euros, will be open
to the public until September 19, 2004.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None