- Title: FRANCE: CHRISTIAN DIOR REVEALS SPRING AND SUMMER COLLECTION.
- Date: 23rd January 1972
- Summary: 1. GV Paris street scene with Christian Dior building and sign (2 shots) 0.08 2. LV INTERIOR model wearing white full-length evening dress that is backless and V-neck and bow around waist (3 shots) 0.35 3. LV Model wearing red trouser suit, with red and white striped blouse and white bowler and matching red shoes(2 shots) 0.45 4. LV Model wearing summer short sleeved flower pattern dress, with large brimmed hat (3 shots) 1.02 Initials OS/1705 OS/1716 PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FILM IS EMBARGOED FOR USE UNTIL 24 JANUARY 1972 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 7th February 1972 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAE9NWWSU279QMMLHTDR5MCR097
- Story Text: Several Paris fashion designers are playing it safe in their spring and summer collections opening on Monday (24 January). Although three top French fashion houses -- Yves saint Laurent, Nina Ricci and Pierre Cardin -- will shun the publicity of full showings, Christian Dior is guing ahead with a showing of his collection -- as seen in this preview film.
Top designer Yves Saint Laurent led the desertion from haute couture (high fashion) showings last August, after two seasons of bad press notices. Meanwhile, the rest of the Paris haute couture field is concentrating on knee length hemlines and trousers, with dress and jacket outfits taking priority over suits.
Marc Bohan of Christian Dior is showing swirling skirted dresses and long matching cardigan jackets, rather than suits. Bohan's exclusive prints for Dior play up new variations of polka dots and concentrated floral designs. Evening fashions are in sheer filmy fabrics and feature bare top effects.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None