- Title: ITALY: VALENTINO'S AUTUMN AND WINTER COLLECTIONS
- Date: 14th January 1995
- Summary: FLORENCE, ITALY (JANUARY 14, 1995) (RAI - NO ACCESS ITALY) 1. GV/SV MALE MODELS DRESSED IN WHITE SHIRTS AND NARROW-LEGGED BLACK TROUSERS WALKING DOWN CATWALK, SOME HOLDING CIGARS (4 SHOTS) 0.16 2. GV MALE MODELS WEARING GREY SHIRTS AND BLACK TROUSERS 0.21 3. SV CLOSE UP OF KNITTED MOHAIR WINTER JACKET WORN BY MALE MODEL (2 SHOTS) 0.30 4. GV MALE MODEL WEARING BROWN SUIT AND BROWN OVERCOAT (2 SHOTS) 0.38 5. GV MALE MODELS WEARING SUITS AND OVERCOATS 0.40 6. SV MALE MODELS WERAING A VARIETY OF GREY SUITS, SOME STRIPED/ OTHERS WEARING BOW TIES (2 SHOTS) 0.47 7. GV/SV NADJA AURERMANN, SOLE FEMALE MODEL WEARING BLACK JUMPER AND BLACK TROUSERS (2 SHOTS) 0.58 8. SV MALE MODEL WEARING GREY TROUSERS AND GREY SHIRT (2 SHOTS) 1.04 9. SLV/SV MALE MODELS WEARING BLACK SUITS AND GLOVES (2 SHOTS) 1.14 10. SV MALE MODELS WITH SILK SHIRTS, SOME WEARING WOOLLEN CARDIGANS AND ALL WEARING CRAVAT-TYPE WAIST BELTS (4 SHOTS) 1.24 11. SV MALE MODELS WEARING GREY SUITS 1.31 12. LV/SV FEMALE MODEL, NADJA AURERMANN, WITH EVENING DRESS AND OVERCOAT (3 SHOTS) 1.45 13. GV/SV FINAL PARADE OF MODELS, VALENTINO ACKNOWLEDGES APPLAUSE FROM AUDIENCE (3 SHOTS) 2.00 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 29th January 1995 12:00
- Location: FLORENCE, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVAEMCDKPELGQG0YCYQE2GSISOVL
- Story Text: Italian fashion went back to the 1930s on Saturday (January 14), as gangsters mounted the catwalk to show off the new autumn and winter collections.
A week of fashion in Florence began with Italian designer Valentino and armies of cigar-puffing male models in pinstripes.
Valentino reproduced the Prohibition look, but put his own stamp on the design by shortening the trouser to reveal ankles decked out in blue or white socks.
There were flag-like pocket handkerchiefs, once the gangster's badge, spilling out of jacket pockets as well as sinister shades and shifty glances.
There were also traditional suits for those who prefer not to look like Al Capone.
The Oscar Wilde, fin-de-siecle gentleman's style formed another part of Valentino's collection, with suit jackets that stopped just above the knee.
The male models were accompanied by a sole female, the striking Nadja Auermann.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None