- Title: ITALY: NEW VERSACE COLLECTION GIVEN STANDING OVATION
- Date: 11th January 1998
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (JANUARY 11, 1998) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/MV/CU: CROWDS/ ZUCCHERO FORNACIARI, ITALIAN ROCK STAR, GOING INSIDE (3 SHOTS) 0.17 2. MV/CU/GV: ELTON JOHN OUTSIDE (3 SHOTS) 0.43 3. GV: MALE AND FEMALE MODELS ON CATWALK (9 SHOTS) 2.49 4. CU: BOY GEORGE, PARTICIPATING AS DISC JOCKEY 2.55 5. GV/MV: DONATELLA VERSACE WALKING ONTO CATWALK TO APPLAUSE AT END OF SHOW (2 SHOTS) 3.33 Initials s.3 - p.2.3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 26th January 1998 12:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVA5WG8YFVVR5QQW6G47GD41KWFR
- Story Text: INTRO: The Gianni Versace menswear collection for fall-winter 1998/99 has been was greeted with a standing ovation friom a star-studded audience, as they showed support for Donatella Versace's first step into the creative shoes of her late brother Gianni.
Two models clad in long overcoats with their pants tucked into knee-high boots kicked off the show in Milan on Sunday (January 11) as they strode down the runway while former pop star Boy George spun records on a platform high above.
Versace's trademark studs appeared on the lapels and sleeves of several suits, as well as trimming the hood of a sweatshirt that was worn underneath a suit. Other suits were trimmed with rhinestones on the lapels, or beading, which gave a softer effect.
A full-length black shearling coat dyed bright red on the inside got a round of applause, as did a long, wide-lapelled overcoat worn over a bright fuschia v-neck sweater.
Singer Elton John, who was a close friend of Gianni Versace, sat in the front row, next to David Beckham of Manchester United soccer team.
The Donatella Verscace collection featured soft colours such as pearl grey and lilac, as well as brilliant white and basic black.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None