- Title: FRANCE: KARL LAGERFELD AUTUMN/WINTER READY-TO-WEAR COLLECTION
- Date: 17th March 1997
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 17, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV CATWALK OF KARL LAGERFELD SHOW / MODEL IN BLACK LEATHER COAT / MODEL WEARING SPECTACLES AND BLACK DRESS 0.12 2. SV MODEL IN BLUE DRESS AND THREE QUARTER LENGTH STOCKINGS 0.21 3. SV MODELS IN BLUE EVENING WEAR (2 SHOTS) 0.29 4. SLV MODEL IN PINK TROUSERS AND BLUE AND YELLOW TOP 0.38 5. SV MODEL PINK TROUSERS AND DARK TOP OPEN REVEALING TOPLESS UNDERNEATH 0.43 6. SV MODEL IN FAKE ANIMAL SKING COAT PLAYING AIR GUITAR 0.57 7. LV/SLV MODELS ON CATWALK (5 SHOTS) 1.33 8. SLV LAGERFELD WITH MODELS DURING FINALE 1.52 9. SLV PETA ANIMAL RIGHTS PROTESTER HOLDING UP JACKET READING "FUR IS DEAD"/SECURITY MAN LEADS PROTESTER AWAY (2 SHOTS) 2.05 10. SCU MODEL BACKSTAGE WITH LAGERFELD WHO FANS HIMSELF WITH A BLACK HAND-HELD FAN 2.10 11. SCU KARL LAGERFELD SAYING HIS COLLECTION IS ABOUT MODERN WOMEN, MODERN CLOTHES AND MODERN PROPORTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME VERY MINIMALIST, IT IS FOR QUITE AN AGGRESSIVE WOMAN WITH HIGH HEELS, BUT A VERY LIBERATED WOMAN, IT'S ABOUT LEAN SILHOUETTES, LEAN BODIES AND FREEDOM (ENGLISH) 2.44 12. SV MEDIA AND MODELS BACKSTAGE 2.49 Initials S3 P3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 1st April 1997 13:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVACYWH9PMQGLATTZLU8YJG1OSK7
- Story Text: - INTRO: German designer Karl Lagerfeld has unveiled his 1997/1998 Autumn-Winter ready-to-wear collection at the Carousel du Louvre.
Models with greasy hair sported tattered fur stoles over wispy slip dress and stiletto heels, conjuring up images of speed-popping night club queens at rave parties walked down the catwalk to the pounding rhythm of techno music to show off Lagerfeld's collection on MOnday (March 17).
There were shiny snakeskins, coats of tiger print or crocodile and leopard patchwork, and swollen shoulders on skinny leather-clad limbs.
"It's about modern women, modern clothes, modern proportions, modern material and cut and detailing. And at the same time it's very minimalist, you have to look twice to see how elaborate the craftsmanship is," Lagerfeld said.
"It's for a quite aggressive woman with high heels, but a very liberated woman. It's not about long and short, it's about lean silhouettes, lean bodies and freedom," he added.
As Lagerfeld left the catwalk after taking his bows, a militant from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) leapt on stage waving one of the designer's jackets with "Fur is dead" scrawled on the back.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None