- Title: FRANCE: MARC JACOBS SHOWS HIS FIRST COLLECTION FOR LOUIS VUITTON
- Date: 9th March 1998
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 9, 1998) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV VARIOUS HIGHLIGHTS OF LOUIS VUITTON SHOW (8 SHOTS) 1.52 2. SV MEDIA 1.54 3. SV MARC JACOBS GIVING INTERVIEW 2.26 4. SLV MORE OF MODELS ON CATWALK (3 SHOTS) 3.00 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th March 1998 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAC4NDZNVAGPQQ8GBN5UJNYS145
- Story Text: The avant-garde American designer Marc Jacobs has shown his first collection for Louis Vuitton in Paris.
The first collection by New York designer Marc Jacobs for the fashion house Louis Vuitton hit the Paris fashion runway on Monday (March 9).
The New Yorker's new fashions have long been awaited as Jacobs was appointed artistic director of the Vuitton house back in January 1997.
Jacobs is known as the creator of grunge and his partnership with classic couture Vuitton seemed an unlikely one.
Hopes were that he will do for the fashion house what John Galliano did for Christian Dior and Alexander McQueen did for Givenchy - that is, make a name for the company with headline-grabbing ideas.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None