- Title: UK: TOMASZ STARZEWSKI DISPLAYS NEW COLLECTION DURING LONDON FASHION WEEK.
- Date: 22nd February 1998
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FEBRUARY 22, 1998) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV:BACKSTAGE BEFORE DESIGNER TOMASZ STARZEWSKI SHOW, MODELS BEING PREPARED FOR SHOW 0.04 2. GV/MV: VARIOUS OF MODELS BEING PREPARED FOR SHOW (5 SHOTS) 0.22 3. CU: STARZEWSKI SAYING: "IT'S A WOMAN WHO WANTS TO LOOK LIKE A WOMAN, A WOMAN WHO WANTS TO BE GLAMOUROUS, SEXY, HAVE A GOOD TIME" (ENGLISH) 0.28 4. MV: MODEL WEARING PIN-STRIPE SUIT, PINK FUR/ MODEL WEARING PIN-STRIPE SUIT, BLUE FUR WITH MODEL IN GREY JACKET WITH BEADING DETAIL 0.42 5. MV: MODEL WEARING GREY HERRINGBONE COAT, JERSEY TROUSERS AND CASHMERE TOP/ MODEL WEARING GREEN COAT WITH PINK FUR COLLAR 0.51 6. MV: MODEL WEARING PINK TROUSER SUIT, GREY FUR/ MODEL WEARING BLACK CHIFFON, TRANSPARENT TOP WITH BLACK TROUSERS (2 SHOTS) 1.07 7. MV: MODEL WEARING BLACK DRESS WITH BLACK LACE/ MODEL WEARING SILVER SEQUINED TOP/ BLACK BEADED DRESS WITH BEADED FRINGE (3 SHOTS) 1.27 8. MV: MODEL WEARING PURPLE FEATHER HEAD-DRESS AND PURPLE TROUSER SUIT 1.37 9. MV/GV: MODEL WEARING SILK CAPE WITH RED POMPOMS/ MODEL WEARING BLACK SEQUINED DRESS, CAPE WITH GREY FUR TRIM, GREY FUR COLLAR (2 SHOTS) 1.45 10. MV: MODEL WEARING PINK SEQUINED TOP AND TROUSERS WITH PINK FUR 1.51 11. MV/GV: MODEL WEARING GREY CARDIGAN AND WIDE BELTED FULL SKIRT/ MODEL WEARING PURPLE SILK DRESS, WITH MATCHING SHAWL (2 SHOTS) 2.02 12. MV/GV: AUDIENCE/ MODEL WEARING FUSCHIA-PINK DRESS, WITH BLACK VELVET HALTER-NECK TOP (2 SHOTS) 2.10 13. MV: MODEL WEARING EVENING DRESS WITH BLACK VELVET BODICE WITH WHITE SILK TRIM 2.26 14. MV: MODEL WEARING BRIDE'S DRESS, MADE OF WHITE SILK, WITH WHITE SILK JACKET WITH HIGH-NECKED COLLAR 2.37 15. GV/PAN: FINALE, MODELS WALK ON TO CATWALK WITH STARZEWSKI (2 SHOTS) 2.55 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 9th March 1998 12:00
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA4K6815WF6VVPFQVI1XU0O5P75
- Story Text: London-based fashion designer Tomasz Starzewski wowed his audience at London Fashion Week on Sunday (February 22) with an opulent show which combined a sense of decadence and luxury with mannish couture.
Taking themes from pre-war Berlin, cubism and modernism, London-born Starzewski presented a stunning 1998 Autumn-Winter collection in an art-deco ballroom on Sunday (February 22).
Pin-stripe suits in shadows of grey were mixed with striking fuschia-pink furs, glittering diamond hair-pins and jaunty canes.
Operatic silk capes decorated with red feather pompoms stood alongside beaded, fringed evening dresses, trimmed with grey fur.
Shapes were tapered, with fitted, knee-length pencil skirts and short tailored jackets.Reminiscent of Christian Dior's "New Look", evening dresses had fitted bodices with wide, full skirts.
As well as luxurious fur collars and throws, Starzewski used cashmere, velvet, brocade and silk.His bridal gown was made of white silk and featured a jacket with a high-necked collar.
Born in London of Polish heritage, Starzewski studied fashion at St.Martin's School of Art before opening his first boutique in London.In just seven years, he has established an impressive and loyal clientele, which included Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None