- Title: USA: NEW HUGO BOSS COLLECTION FOR MEN
- Date: 7th February 1995
- Summary: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FEBRUARY 7, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION - RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/SV MODELS WEARING RETRO CLASSIC SUIT/ AUDIENCE (4 SHOTS) 0.33 2. GV/SV MODELS SHOW OFF MYSTIC VELVET SUIT (4 SHOTS) 0.58 3. SV/GV MODELS WEARING BEIGE SUITS (3 SHOTS) 1.07 4. SV MODELS SHOWING OFF RUSSIAN WINTER LOOK (3 SHOTS) 1.18 5. SV MODELS WEARING BLACK SUITS WITH WHITE SHIRTS(3 SHOTS) 1.31 6. SV MODELS WEARING ALPINE SWEATERS (2 SHOTS) 1.45 7. MCU LOTHAR REIFF SPEAKING ABOUT FASHION FOR 90's (ENGLISH) 1.55 8. SLV/ZOOM-IN REIFF TAKING A BOW ON CATWALK WITH VOLKER KACHELE, ONE OF THE DESIGNERS FOR THE BOSS HUGO BOSS LINE, MODELS AND AUDIENCE APPLAUD/ ZOOM-OUT (3 SHOTS) 2.08 SEQ.7: LOTHAR:" I THINK THE MAN OF THE 90'S WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HIS OWN PERSONALITY - HE WOULD'NT LIKE TO LOOK LIKE SOMEBODY ELSE." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 22nd February 1995 12:00
- Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVAEL9PV2ICHVVYK88ZK1ZSDGMB6
- Story Text: Hugo Boss unveiled its menswear collection for autumn/winter on Tuesday (February 7) in New York.
Calling it a season of contrast and individualism, Boss showed off a mix of velvets, shiny nylon, and well worn wool.
"I think the man of the 90s would like to have his own personality," said Lothar Reiff, the creative director of Boss.
It was the first time Hugo Boss's flagship line, BOSS, was launched at a New York show. The German fashion house said it would continue to launch this line from New York in the coming years.
BOSS is one of several lines by the maker and also its most successful.
Designs featured on Tuesday covered several themes, including the Russian Winter look with fake fur trimmed collars on car coats with Edwardian shoulders.
The Retro Classic look combined the 1950s and 1990s with tailored and snug suits worn with heavy street boots and ties with powerful colour accents of blue, red and green.
The Mystic Velvet theme centred on dramatic velvets woven with subtle tones of blue, brown and grey. The suits have fitted jackets and narrow, shorter trousers along with white shirts with longer collars and wide cuffs.
Hugo Boss' key trend message was its black and white theme of tailored black suits with narrow trousers and snow white shirts in sharp contrast with elegant black jackets and vests.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None