- Title: COLOMBIA: NICOLAS LAPENTI WINS WORLD SERIES OF TENNIS
- Date: 17th September 1995
- Summary: BOGOTA, COLOMBIA (SEPTEMBER 17, 1995) NICOLAS LAPENTI (BLACK SHORTS) V. MIGUEL TOBON (WHITE SHORTS) 1. LAPENTI SERVES TOBON WINS RALLY 2. CROWD 3. LAPENTI SERVES, TOBON WINS POINT WITH BACKHAND VOLLEY 4. CROWD 5. LAPENTI SERVES, WINS WITH FOREHAND DROP VOLLEY 6. CROWD 7. LAPENTI WINS MATCH AS TOBON HITS OUT 8. PRESENTATION OF TROPHY TO LAPENTI Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 2nd October 1995 13:00
- Location: BOGOTA, COLOMBIA
- Country: Colombia LATIN AMERICA
- Reuters ID: LVA9AGGMLRLTCGPCTSQGDTQ2WC2T
- Story Text: Nicolas Lapenti of Ecuador won the 328,000 US dollars World Series of Tennis tournament defeating Colombian Miguel Tobon in the final on Saturday (September 17) in Bogota.
Lapenti came from behind after losing the first set 1-6, disappointing the 4,000 strong crowd as he won the next two sets 6-2, 6-4.
The Colombian lost his concentration and made many mistakes after winning the first set easily.
The 19-year-old Lapenti became the youngest player to win a World Series tournament and climbed more than 100 places in the ATP rankings, winning 42,000 US dollars in the process.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None